We are passionate about kids learning about Jesus in a way they can understand, and we have created safe and fun environment where they can do just that.
THE GROW CURRICULUM
The Grow scope and sequence will take kids through every major Bible story in three years. At the end of three years, we'll start over! We spend an equal amount of time in the Old and New Testaments. the Old Testament is taught chronlogically over the course of three years, while the New Testament is taught chronologically every year beginning with Jesus' birth and ending with the early church. Plus, kids enjoy a new fun theme every month that will complement the teaching.
THE SUNDAY SCHEDULE
9:15am - 10:15am
- You can begin checking your children in at 9:00am each morning.
- Preschool children (Nursery - 5th grade) go straight into their rooms after checking in.
10:30am - 11:45am
- You can begin checking your children in at 10:15 each morning.
- Preschool children (Nursery - 5 Years Old) go straight into their rooms after checking in.
- After checking in, elementary kids (Kinder - 3rd Grade) join their parents in the worship service up until the sermon begins. Then they will be dismissed to meet their teachers in the foyer and head on to their class.
- Elementary kids (4th - 5th grade) will remain with their parents during the entire worship service.
Note: Any and all of your kids are welcome to stay with you through the entire Worship Service.
FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT
On your first visit, plan to arrive 15 minutes early and let our volunteers know you're visiting when you arrive. They'll walk you directly to one of our Kids Check-In kiosks where you'll be registered, receive your child's parent identification number, and be shown to the right spot for your child’s class.
Security: Every child’s name tag is matched to a parent-identification number, and every volunteer is screened with a background check, reference check, and personal interview. During check out, you will show your security tag to your child’s teacher in order for your child to be released from the classroom.
Special Needs or Food Allergies: If you have a special needs child or a child with medical/allergy considerations, we'd love to know more about it so we can be prepared to insure your child's visit is a comfortable one. Please call the Kids office (281-371-2156) or send an email with more details.
4TH AND 5TH GRADE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
Our 4th and 5th graders meet every Wednesday evening from 6:30-8pm during the school year. During this time they play games, learn about the Bible, and participate in a small group discussion.
If you have any questions about Kids Ministry, please contact our Interim Kids Ministry Coordinator, Sara Skelton, via email or at 281-371-2156.