The vision of Redeemer is best expressed in answer to four questions. What is our Mission? Our Motives? Our Map? and Our Marks?
Mission: What is Redeemer trying to do?
Taking our cue from Jesus' words to His early disciples, "Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men," we make it our mission to joyfully follow Jesus and help others do the same.
Motives: What's really important at Redeemer?
- God's Glory: He is at the center of all things—we are not.
- God's Gospel: It's the good news of salvation through the person and work of Jesus.
- God's Word: The Bible is from God, it's true, and wonderfully sufficient for all of life.
- God's People: We love the men, women, and children in our church family.
- God's Mission: The people of God are sent to tell others about Jesus.
Map: How do we hope to make disciples who joyfully follow Jesus and help others do the same? In other words, where do we want our people to go?
- Worship Gatherings: Make attendance at our Sunday Worship Gatherings a priority. Come with a heart ready to connect with church family, worship our God, and hear from His powerful Word.
- Community Groups: Participate in a Community Group to the fullest: be there, prepare your lesson, practice the “one anothers,” make friends, get healthy, and grow strong as you joyfully follow Jesus and help others do the same.
- Service Teams: Join one of our teams and use your gifts alongside others to help Redeemer be the best it can be. And along the way make some new friendships and develop as a leader in Christ’s kingdom!
- Missions Circles: Live with Gospel Intentionality in My Circle, Our Circle, and The World. My Circle: where you live, work, study, and play. Our Circle: the geography around our church. The World: the unreached and unengaged peoples of the world.
Marks: When are we successful?
We believe we're making good progress as more and more of our people are growing in the following seven areas of spiritual maturity, nor for God's love, but from God's love.
- Seek God: "O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly." (Ps 63:1)
- Love Others: Jesus summed up the Law, "Love God... love your neighbor as yourself." (Mt 22:37-40)
- Pursue Holiness: "Like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior." (1 Pt 1:15)
- Serve the Church: Peter encourages believers concerning spiritual gifts, "employ them in serving one another." (1 Pt 4:10)
- Steward Your Resources: "It is more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20:35)
- Share the Gospel: "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Mt 4:19)
- Multiply Disciples: Mark Dever writes, "Biblical discipling... is helping others to follow Jesus by doing deliberate spiritual good to them."