Beyond our Sunday Worship Gatherings, we hope you'll connect with others in a Discipleship Group. These are relational and intentional environments (sitting in circles more than rows!) where you can make friends, get healthy, and grow strong as you follow Jesus.
COMMUNITY GROUPS: Our 1st Choice for You!
Community Groups are made up of 10-15 adults, both couples and singles, and usually meet in someone's home. There is great fellowship, meaningful discussion, encouragement, and prayer. At this time all of our Community Groups meet on Sunday evenings, and each group has a different strategy for childcare. If you've got questions about the groups, or if you'd like to visit a group or get plugged in, please contact Mitch Maher.
Tuesday Night Men's Prayer (in Spanish): From 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. A group of faithful men pray each Tuesday night for our church, for each other and for the world. We'd love to have you join us! No childcare offered.
Wednesday Night Programs: From 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. re(connect) is mid-week programing with classes for all ages. Our adults enjoy various classes offered each semester while their children are learning more about God through TeamKid, our children's programing.
Beginning January 8 - May 20 (break for KISD Spring Break) we will offer a study for men and women during our re(connect) programming. The men will go through 33:The Series. The ladies will study the Book of Philippians.
Thursday Night Bible Study (in Spanish): From 7:00 - 8:30 p.m, Aug. 1 - Dec. 12. La Persona Los Atributos de Dios by Paul Wagner. This class is taught by our Spanish Ministry Director, Pastor Antonio Muñoz. No childcare offered.
Grief Recovery Program: Thursdays - Have you or someone you know experienced a divorce, separation, the death of a loved one, or some other type of loss? Don’t walk through it alone. Join Grief Recovery for a 10 week support group facilitated by Priscilla Boos who is a certified Grief Recovery Specialist. You’ll receive genuine care, support and applicable tools to help you walk through it. Click here to register or get more info.
Right now our Men's Ministry offers two opportunities:
- Men's Prayer Groups: Each week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, a different group of men meets at the church, 6:00 - 6:30 a.m., to pray for Redeemer. Each of these groups would love you to join them. Want to join one of these groups? Contact Mitch Maher.
- Men's Study: Each week on Friday morning, 6:00 - 7:15 a.m., a group of men get together for a Bible Study led by Lead Pastor Mitch Maher. The coffee's always hot. Leave anytime you need to. No need to sign up, just show up. The group meets in The Main (park on the Westheimer Pkwy. side of the building).
Right now our Women's Ministry offers opportunities throughout the year:
- The Book of Colossians: Tuesdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Please join us! This study will encourage, instruct and challenge us as we each study, then come together for teaching, discussion and prayer. Plus, it’s a wonderful way to get to know lots of other Redeemer women. Childcare available.
- Lies That Women Believe (book study in Spanish): Tuesdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m. If you're looking for a Spanish study option, we have one! There is a sweet group of ladies studying this book written by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth. Childcare available with prior registration.
Women's Fall Bible Studies begin Tuesdays, January 14 - May 19, 2020.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
Sundays, 9:15 - 10:15 a.m.: These mid-sized groups provide a great way to learn about God's word in a warm and easy-to-join environment. The classes we are currently offering include:
- Christian Conduct: Romans 12-16 - Taught by Matt Williamson, located in The 419. We're going to look at all the commands to believers in the last five chapters of Romans to see what it looks like to live out Romans 12:1-2.
- Nueva Vida en Cristo III by Mark Robinson - Taught in Spanish by Pastor Antonio Muñoz, located in the Adult 3 classroom
- The 7 Marks of a Healthy Disciple - Taught by Brian Carey, located in the Worship Center
- Critical Journey - A Study on the Book of James taught by Mark Wells, located in the Adult 2 Classroom